The judging panel for the 2017 Business Excellence Awards will be made up of esteemed business leaders from outside the Mareeba district. Mareeba Chamber Committee members are excluded from serving on the judging panel. All submissions will be directly forwarded to the judging panel for consideration. All nominations will be held in confidence and nominations will be judged upon a combination of the following – written submission and judging interview.
- Our Judges are selected on their abilities, business acumen and expertise.
- Judges are selected to avoid conflicts of interest.
- Judges sign and return a confidentiality agreement before participating
- Three Judges will be appointed to each category.
- Judges will be fully briefed on the awards process to ensure consistency.
- Entrants will be assessed on their online application.
- Judges will conduct site visits on all finalists. It is requested that the person who prepared the application host the site visit.
- After the site visits have occurred, judges will determine the winner of each category and the Business of the Year.