Mareeba is a community consistently growing and an excellent place for you to set up a business or to continue to foster a business that you have already established.
Lobbying & Advocacy
We have a dedicated advocacy team to ensure that business’ voices are heard and that the issues which affect you are never ignored and solutions are always within reach.
We will continue to work closely with the Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service along with key stakeholders to ensure quality services remain and continue to improve at Mareeba Hospital.
Improved Health services for the Mareeba Hospital
Health is the number one priority for our members and the local community. We will continue to lobby for improved services at Mareeba Hospital and continue to ensure all services remain and inline with our growing population.
DE amalgamation of Mareeba Shire Council
The Chamber played a key in the de-amalgamation of Mareeba Shire Council and Tablelands Regional Council. We worked closely with all stakeholders and ensure transparency for our members and the community for an outcome
Improved transport link for inland roads and the gulf including the Hann Highway
By working closely with the Mareeba Shire Council , Tableland Futures Corporation and Advance Cairns for a better transport link to our region.
Kuranda Range Road
Reliable Transport links are vital to Mareeba. The chamber sees the Kuranda Range as a bottleneck o the future development of the area and therefore will continue to lobby for an upgrade to the range and improved safety .
Mt Emerald Wind Farm
As a $360 million dollar development in our area, Mareeba Chamber of Commerce worked closely with the developers to ensure they felt welcomed to the area and acted as a communication link to our members and the public. We continue to be involved via the community consultation group.
Including the moderation of the MDIA, Johnson River Diversion and Nulliga Dam. The Chamber has made submissions to Northern Australia Committee on Water infrastructure including the moderation of the MDIA, and the building Nulliga Dam and have been involved in the current Building Queensland process for the Tablelands . The chamber has worked with Cairns Regional Council on water option for Cairns and the region . The Chamber also supports further investigation of the Johnson River Diversion into Tinaroo Dam and is involved in to the study of water options for Lakeland.
Queensland Electricity Users Network (QEUN)
The Chamber is working with the QEUN “Advocating for affordable and reliable electricity in Queensland” to help business have lower electrical pricing .
The following is a list of organisations involved in the Queensland Electricity Users Network:
1. Cairns Regional Council
2. Tablelands Regional Council
3. Cook Shire Council
4. Far North Queensland Regional Organisation of Councils
5. Advance Cairns
6. Tourism Tropical North Queensland
7. Regional Development Australia FNQ & Torres Strait
8. Cairns Chamber of Commerce
9. Mareeba Chamber of Commerce
10. Atherton Tablelands Chamber of Commerce
11. Innisfail District Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Tourism
12. Urban Development Institute of Australia (Cairns branch)
13. Canegrowers – Tablelands
14. North Queensland Miners Association
15. Australians in Retirement (Cairns branch)
16. Queensland Dairyfarmers Organisation (Northern Division)
17. Mareeba District Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association
18. Mareeba Shire Council
- Mareeba Bicentennial Lakes
- Mt Emerald Wind Farm
- Mareeba Shire Tourism Taskforce
Events and Campaigns
- Chamber Luncheons, Forums and Workshops
- Go for Gold 2017 Business Excellence Awards
- Shop Local Campaign – Mareeba is Open, Mystery Shopper and Chamber Chow are current campaigns
Becoming a member of the Mareeba Chamber of Commerce allows you to put your vision for a successful Mareeba forward; it allows you the chance to develop your opportunities and play a vital part in the community’s continual growth.